Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas Is A Comin'

Hello everyone, and hello December! Haven't these past months flown, it seems barely any time since I was thinking about a transitional wardrobe! Since I last blogged, I have had what can only be described as a vintage siesta. It turns out that moving house is as exhausting as I remember, but will soon have some pictures to share of my new flat. I have felt quite uninspired vintage-wise, so decided to compile a Christmas wish list to get myself back on track!
 
I believe that Christmas is about finding unique and one off gifts, rather than items from well known brands. Where better to turn than Etsy; home to some of the best handmade, reasonably priced and vintage inspired brands.
 
A firm favourite of mine is Rosie Alia Designs. She has recently stocked up her store with an array of festive treats; I particularly love this Christmassy hair clip.

Floral cluster hair clip featuring wild flowers, rosemary, red rose buds and leaves - Vintage inspired, pin up hair flower, roses
 
Another accessories go-to store comes from Newcastle based Luxulite. Her unique take on classic sweetheart brooches are absolutely adorable and really kitsch. What a great way to do a modern take on a classic piece of the vintage wardrobe.
 
Heart of gold confetti lucite style handmade cherry brooch 40s 50s
 
Other Etsy favourites include '1940's Style For You', 'Naked Without One' and 'In Grips We Trust'.
 
More browsing on Etsy quickly came up with more gems...
 
Bakelite Bangle Set
 
Pendleton '49er Jacket
 
1960s Lucite Handbag / vintage 1960s Copper Brown Lucite and Black Basket Weave Handbag Purse
Lucite handled handbag perfection
 
Adorable Vintage 1940s / 50s Wool Knit Kelly Green Sweater and Skirt Set // Alfred Hitchcock Vixen // Pin Up Sweater Girl
 
You can't forget some classics from some of the best reproduction brands out there, with Freddies of Pinewood full of amazing stock, any of the Vivien of Holloway pencil skirts nor Dollydagger dresses!
 
Oh how I dream of endless budgets, Christmas' and birthday's...
 
What is on your wishlist? I would love to hear who are your favourite Etsy sellers, or what you are particularly lusting for.
 
Until next time,
 
Hannah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x