Wednesday 19 June 2013

Hey Pageboy!

Whilst I normally favour a set, victory roll or hide beneath a brightly coloured headscarf, last Saturday I had a little time on my hands and decided to try a new hairstyle. I have recently rediscovered my love for Dita Von Tease's' perfect waves and modern pageboy hairstyle, and thought I would give it a go. 

...Sigh, these are all so perfect!
 
I hadn't set my hair the night before (lazy!) so decided to also pin curl it first using my curling tongs. I separated my hair into three sections, back and two sides, and then curled big chunks of hair towards my face. Tip- a little hairspray before using the tongs works a treat! I would say I got three pin curls per each section of hair. Immediately after releasing my hair from the tongs, I rolled them into the pin curl in the direction that I wanted the curl to be, secured with a Kirby grip and gave a quick spray of hairspray. The most important part of heat styling is to allow the pin curl to fully cool before releasing it.
 
 After doing my make up, I released the pin curls and gently brushed the curls out with my Kent brush. I tried to brush the individual pin curls out so that they merge with the other pin curls from that section of hair. I then rolled them underneath and secured with a Kirby grip, another blast of hairspray and 'et voilĂ !'
 
 
I am really happy with how it turned out, especially considering it was my first attempt! I think this will be a perfect hairstyle for when my hair gets a little longer as I will be able to embrace Dita's look completely. I am not keen on constantly using curling tongs as I am petrified that I will kill my hair, so plan to try doing this style with a set. I will tweet and update my Facebook with how I get on!
 
Hope you like it and I would be grateful for any tips!
 
Hannah xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x