Friday 8 February 2013

Cold Cream

Following on my my earlier post, Some New Skincare, I thought it would be nice to let you all know how it is going, and let you know about my most recent purchase!

 
Purchased from Boots for around £2.50, Cold Cream has made a massive difference to my skincare routine. I begin of an evening by cleansing my face using the Korres Chamomile Soap. This removes every trace of make up, and a quick wipe over of Witch Hazel afterwards makes sure that no residue is left on the skin. I have really noticed a difference in my skin from even using these two products. My skin is noticeably calmer, with less red angry spots and even feels calmer if that's possible! It is also much smoother to the touch.
 
I then begin with the Cold Cream. I take a mint imperial (yum!) sized dollop on the back of my hand, and gradually apply it to my face as if it is a moisturiser, softly rubbing it into the skin. When I feel enough is on (you will be able to tell), run a sink full of water as hot as you can bear, and use a steaming muslin cloth to wipe the cold cream from your face. It is very important to use a new cloth every 2-3 washes! I then finish off by gently patting my face dry, another quick wipe of witch hazel and a small dollop of moisturiser if you feel necessary.
 
Whilst this is quite a long routine, I feel that is is first of all very kind to my skin, and secondly, doing the job! My inital concerns about using soap to cleanse my face are no longer necessary due to the moisturising properties of the Cold Cream. The soap removes my make up very easily, meaning that the cold cream is left to purely cleanse my skin, without pushing a days worth of make up into my pores!
 
Whats more, it also comes in such a darling little pot! What more is to love?! I would love to know if you have tried any of these products, and what you think! Or, if you can recommend any others!
 
 
Have a wonderful weekend,
 
Hannah xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love cold cream though my skin is stikk sensitive so I cant use it every night and so cheap!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think the chamomile in the soap before using it helps to soothe my skin and the witch hazel afterwards too! I just love how soft my skin is, its safe to say it hasnt been this smooth in a long time xxx

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x