Friday 4 January 2013

Hollywood Hairstyles

Whilst browsing the Internet recently, I stumbled across an amazing find; A guide for Hollywood inspired hair, published in 1952!

I mentioned in my previous post that I have been setting my hair a lot more, but I have discovered that it really is a case of practice makes perfect. I have found that I am gradually learning where and how to put the rollers in and how much setting lotion to use, in order to get the best result by morning. Saying that, there have definitely been one or two panicky moments of Medusa style hair! I think that this guide gives a general guide for where to put the rollers in order to create the different styles. This definitely proves to me that I have been putting too many rollers in...it all makes sense now!

I use Superdrug own brand Normal Hold Setting Lotion which is around £1.50 for a bottle of blue liquid. My hair is naturally thick and curly/wavy and this holds it very well. I then use Loreal Elnett Hairspray and these rollers.

There is also some beautiful inspiration, so we can all go to sleep in our headscarves, dreaming of waking up like Gene Tierney...

I shall now be trying these recommendations out myself! If any of you know any similar books, or try them yourself, let me know how you get on!

Lots of love,
 
Hannah xxx

. 

  

 


4 comments:

  1. Awww I love it, keep it up honey good finds! I went into Portland a while back and found setting lotion there too, I then bought a spray bottle from superdrug and poured it in, a great tip I think hehe. I haven't actually set my hair for ages as I'm embracing my natural curls but hey I'll do it gain soon :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a really good idea actually as it gets a bit messy and not an equal application just pouring it into my hand and wiping over my hair! Yeah its all about giving your hair a break every now and again! xxx

      Delete
  2. Do you have the rest of the book too or just these pages? What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I only found these pages! I was amazed! I have used one of the techniques and it works really well too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible. Hannah x